1 pound hulled strawberries
2 cups pineapple chunks
2 cups watermelon chunks
2 medium bananas, peeled and cut into thick pieces
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon canola or corn oil
2 teaspoons honey
1. Soak eight 9- to 12-inch wooden skewers for at least 10 minutes in cold water to keep them from charring, or use metal skewers. Set aside.
2. Preheat the grill on medium high.
3. Thread the fruit onto the skewers in this order: strawberry, pineapple, watermelon, banana, strawberry, pineapple, watermelon, and banana. Transfer the skewers to a platter or baking sheet.
4. In a small bowl, using a fork, whisk together the vinegar, oil, and honey. Using a basting brush, brush about half the vinegar mixture over the fruit to glaze it.
5. Grill the kebabs for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the fruit is caramelized, turning the kebabs several times and basting with the remaining vinegar mixture.
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Total Fat: 4.5 g
Sodium: 5 mg
Sat Fat: 0.5 g
Total Carbohydrate: 43 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Poly Fat: 1.5 g
Sugars: 30 g
Mono Fat: 2.5 g
Protein: 2 g
Recipe courtesy of the American Heart Association.